Facebook is one of the biggest social media platforms. It has become extremely popular over the years and currently has over 2.7 billion active users. As the platform keeps growing, more and more video content is being daily uploaded by users.
With all these high-quality videos, users on a metered data network can find their data vanishing after watching a few videos. Surprisingly, not many users know how to change Facebook video quality. In this article, I have addressed this issue and discussed how to change video quality on Facebook.
If you want to download videos from online, check out this article on 8 best online video downloader.
How To Change Facebook Video Quality While Playing The Video?
Users on Facebook should be able to change the video quality directly from the video without the need of opening the Facebook video settings. To change the video quality on Facebook while the video is being played, follow the steps given below:
- Open Facebook and play any video.
- When the video is playing, hover your mouse over the video screen. A few options will appear on your screen.
- Click on the video quality icon (gear icon). Various resolutions in which the video is available should appear.
- Select the resolution that you want to play the video on. After a few seconds of loading, the video will start playing on the selected resolution.
Using this method, you can change the video quality of every video you watch. If you want to play all videos on SD or HD by default, then try the next method that involves the Facebook video quality settings.
If you get the ‘Something went wrong error’ on Facebook, read this article and learn how to troubleshoot it.
How To Change Video Quality On Facebook From Video Settings?
If you want to play all the videos with the same quality, either SD or HD, then you will have to change the Facebook video quality settings. To change the Facebook video settings, follow the steps given below:
- Open Facebook and click on the menu button (downward pointing arrow on the upper right corner).
- Click on the Settings option from the menu.
- Locate the Videos option on the left panel and select it. This will open the Facebook video settings.
- Click on the drop-down menu beside the Default Video Quality and select the preferred option.
Now, all the videos on Facebook will play in the selected video quality. But you can still change the quality of the video while playing it by using the above method.
How To Disable Auto-Play Videos On Facebook?
Another way to save data while using Facebook is to disable the auto-play feature. The auto-play feature starts playing any video you scroll over, even when you are not interested in it. Playing any video will ultimately cost data. You can prevent this by disabling the auto-play feature.
To do it, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Facebook video settings again.
- Click on the drop-down menu beside the Auto-play videos option.
- Select On, Off, or Default to get the respective results.
If you want to turn off birthday notifications on Facebook, read this article.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to change Facebook video quality. If you have any questions regarding this article, ask them in the comment section below.