Customization has always been a strong point of Windows and it is especially true for Windows 10. Even if Windows is highly customizable, it lacks some of the most simple customization features that macOS has, an app launcher like the Dock.
However, Windows has one upper hand, it supports a much large number of 3rd party apps and macOS. Even if Windows lacks an app launcher like the macOS, there are many 3rd party applications out there that act as an alternative for it.
Here I have mentioned the 7 best Dock for Windows 10 for customizing your desktop. The dock alternatives mentioned here will make it much simpler to open your favorite apps with one click.
Also read: 50 Best Rainmeter Skins And Skin Suites For Customizing Your Desktop
Best Dock For Windows 10
Here are the 7 best docks for Windows 10 that I am sure you will find helpful. Set them up with a simple installation and customize them further from inside the app.
RocketDock is the oldest dock application on Windows that was made as a copy of the Mac dock for Windows. It is a bit outdated, but many still prefer this old-timer over the other newer ones. RocketDock comes with extensive customizability.
The dock can be moved around on the desktop, using position sliders and not actually dragging, which is a slight downside. Further customizability allows icon changes, adding preferred applications, changing the theme, changing the font and their color, changing the fill color, and many more. There is also an AutoHide feature, which automatically hides the dock while not in use. Hovering over the dock area reveals it again.
Rocket Dock is easily one of the best dock for Windows 10 while being extremely popular at the same time. If you have already used Rocket Dock and are looking for something else, then there are many RocketDock alternatives given below.
Nexus is another great dock for Windows 10. It is a great RocketDock alternative and among the recently released dock applications. Visually, Nexus looks much cooler than Rocket Dock, and the UI is user-friendly. Most of the options are also provided in the right-click context menu, reducing the need to always open the main settings window of Nexus for customization.
Some of its notable features are:
- Running applications can be displayers on the Nexus dock with task grouping, task filtering, and icon customization options.
- The system tray can also be shown on the dock, either single or grouped together.
- It also supports 80 special commands, like Sleep, Empty Recycler, CD Control, etc.
- There are multiple built-in modules.
- It also has the ability to group shortcuts into an unlimited number of nested sub-docks.
- Multiple available themes for use.
- The system tray can be customized with high-resolution icons.
Overall, Nexus Dock is a great RocketDock alternative and among the best dock for Windows 10.
CircleDock is another old dock for Windows. It features a unique circular design, which takes much less space and looks quite cool. The CircleDock was last updated in 2008, which makes it part of among the few old docks on this list.
It is portable, which means no hassle with installation. Some of its notable features are:
- Non-Docked Application Launcher.
- Unlimited Folders, shortcuts, links, and managements across sub-levels.
- Background and Icons customizable via a drag and drop system.
- Hide Dock when not in use, to preserve screen real estate.
- Multi-monitor and virtual Desktop Compatible.
- No Installation required, simply unpack and run .exe.
Overall, CircleDock is unique and easy to use. But if you are looking for something similar to macOS or RocketDock alternatives, then this one is not for you.
ObjectDock is likely the most popular and customizable dock on this list. It features a plethora of customizable features like customizing size, position, and number of icons. Some of its notable features are:
- It allows the personalization of docks with unique animated effects that occurwhile the mouse is over the docked icon.
- There is support for downloaded Dock skins, which allows further customizability.
- Drag and drop applications on the Dock to open them quickly, for example, drag dropping a text file on docked MS Word will quickly open the text file in MS Word.
- Multiple Docks can be created and placed around with different customizations.
One downside of ObjectDock is that it is not free. However, there is a free trial available for 30 days, which only requires an email confirmation. After using the Dock for 30 days, you can decide whether to buy it or not.
5) RK Launcher
RK Launcher is an extremely simple dock, made for new dock users. It lacks many simple features, but those who don’t care for customizing and want something simple will like this doc. There are options for customizing the Dock icons, adding icons, and removing icons. I couldn’t find a re-positioning setting, which does seem to be a big downside. However, it is also light, portable, and free.
WinLaunch is technically not a dock, but rather an app launcher. Even though it isn’t a dock, it provides similar benefits, which is accessing things on your Windows quickly. To open WinLaunch, you can use hotkeys, which is customizable. Some of its notable features are:
- Files can be added by drag-dropping, or by using the F hotkey.
- Folders can be created or drag-dropped on the WinLaunch.
- There are multiple themes available in the WinLaunch settings.
- The UI is simple and easily navigable.
WinLaunch may not be a dock per se, but it is definitely one of the best app launchers for Windows 10.
Appetizer is another top dock for Windows 10. It is stylish and clean with its simple look. The dock can be moved anywhere on the screen by dragging. Some of its other notable features are:
- Appetizer supports skins, which is great for customizability.
- There is also plugin support.
- This app is available as portable and as an installer.
- There is also support for custom icons.
- ‘Wizard’ to automatically import shortcuts from various locations.
- This dock supports icon groups.
- Special items to provide extra functionalities: hide/show the desktop, Recycle Bin, Control Panel, etc.
- Support for multiple languages, available in more than 20 languages.
Appetizer is a great free dock for Windows 10 that you can use as a RocketDock alternative.
So, there you have it. Now you know the 7 best docs for Windows 10. Don’t forget to mention the dock you chose from the above list, in the comment section.
Leave a Reply