Google accounts are easily manageable on Chrome, Google Calendar and other Google services. This allows signing of multiple Google accounts at the same time. Having the ability to sign in with multiple Google accounts on Chrome makes it much easier to handle all your accounts Google services.
However, only one Google account on your Chrome is considered as default account. You can only sync your default Google account on Chrome. Unfortunate, there is no native option to change the default Google account, but there is a way to do it.
In this article, I have discussed how to change default Google account on Chrome.
How To Change Google Account?
Changing your Google account on Chrome is extremely easy. First, sign in all your Google accounts on Chrome and then follow the steps given here to swap among them.
- Open Chrome and click on your Profile picture.
- Select the Google account you want to swap.
- If it asks for password, enter it. However, it is likely that the Google account will directly swap for that tab.
- Any Google services opened from that tab will open through that Google account.
It is quite easy to change among the signed in Google accounts on Chrome. But, once you close the tab, Chrome reverts to the default Google account. The default Google account can also be synced.
What Is Goggle’s Default Account On Chrome?
According to Google, the first account to sign in on Chrome will be considered the default Google account. Other than that, if you already have any account synced on your Chrome, it will re-sign in and become the default anyway.
The default account has certain privileges, like the ability to sync with the Chrome, and always be selected as default in a new tab.
How To Change Default Google Account On Chrome?
Now, how to make a Google account default? Basically, the first account to sign in on your Google Chrome becomes the default account. To change default Google account on Chrome, you will need to follow the steps given below:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the 3 dots option located on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings option.
- In the You And Google section, click on the Turn Off option beside synced in Google account. This will disable the Google Sync for that account.
- Now, close the Settings tab and click on your profile picture.
- Select the Sign-out of all Devices option.
- After you are signed out of all the devices, sign in from the device you want to set as default on Chrome.
- Open the Settings again and enable Google sync for this account, unless it is already enabled.
- Now, sign in to all your other Google accounts.
You chose account will now be the default Google account on Chrome.
How To Change Default User In Chrome?
The user profiles on Chrome allows different users to access Chrome from the same user account without sharing any details between themselves. This allows them to work without the need to worry that their data will get manipulated by the other person involuntarily.
Each Google Chrome user account can have a different default Google account and the ability to sync them. How to change default user in Chrome?
Technically, there aren’t any default user on Chrome. You can change it from the Chrome, and it will stay changed. A better way to handle this is by creating a shortcut on the desktop for your profile.
To create a user profile on Chrome and set a shortcut on Desktop, follow the steps given below:
- Click on your profile name on the icon beside the address bar.
- Select the Add option.
- Add a name and select a profile picture.
- Check the Create a desktop shortcut for this user box.
- Click on the Add option.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to change default Google account on Chrome. If you have any questions regarding this topic, ask them in the comment section below.