If your Epson printer is offline and you don’t know how to fix it, then don’t worry, as we have shown here how to troubleshoot it.
Read this article and follow as shown to easily fix this problem.
Also read: FIX: Epson Printer Not Printing Black
How To Fix Epson Printer Says Offline Issue?
Follow the steps given below and fix the problem if your Epson printer is offline.
Solutions for Windows Users
1. Restart The Printer
The first thing you have to do when your Printer is offline is to restart the Printer.
Make sure that your device is placed on a flat surface and not titled.
Now, follow the instructions to restart the device:
- Switch off your device, and unplug all the cables and peripherals attached to the Printer.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes and then reconnect everything. After switching on the device, check if the issue is solved; otherwise, go to the next solution.
2. Troubleshoot The Printer
Windows have in-built troubleshooters to fix most of the problems. So, when you see your Printer is offline, run the printer troubleshooter following the steps given below:
- Open Windows Settings option.
- Click on the Update & Security option from the list.
- Select Troubleshoot option and click on the Additional troubleshooters from the right-panel option.
- Choose the Printer from the list and click Run the Troubleshoot.
3. Restart The Spooler Service
Sometimes spooler service may stop and trigger such issues so, restart the service and fix the issue.
Follow the instructions below to do so:
- Press Windows + R simultaneously from the keyboard to open the Run Utility.
- Type services.msc on the dialog box and hit the Enter key.
- After the services window opens, find Printer Spooler and double-click on it.
- Right-click on the Print spooler service and select the Stop option to disable it.
- Now navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS folders and delete all the files in the folder.
- Go to the service window, and click on the Printer spooler service to Start it.
Restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved.
4. Clear Printing Queue
If there are many documents stacked in the printing queue, then also your Printer may show offline status.
To fix the issue, follow the instructions below:
- Press Windows + I simultaneously to open the Windows Settings.
- Choose the Devices option from the list.
- Select the Printers & Scanners option from the left panel.
- From the right-panel window, click on the active Printer and click on the Open Queue option.
- Right-click on the applicable document in the queue and click on Cancel to remove the item from the queue.
You can follow the same procedure if there are any other file or documents that are queued.
5. Set As Default Printer
If there are many printers added to your device, then you may find your Epson printer showing offline status.
To revert the issue, follow the instructions given below:
- Open Run Utility and enter control panel in the dialog box and hit the Enter key.
- Select Devices and Printers option from the list.
- From the next window, you’ll be able to see all the added printers in your system. Right-click on the problematic Printer and select Set as a Default printer
- After the option is selected, a green tick mark will appear on your printer icon.
This should fix the printer problem. If not then update the printer drivers.
6. Update Driver
An outdated driver can also be the reason why your Printer is showing it is offline.
So, update the printer drivers following the steps given below:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run utility.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box and press the Enter key to open Device Manager.
- Expand the Print queues option and right-click on the model number of the Printer. Select Update driver option.
- Select Search automatically for drivers option from the next window.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. After the process completes, restart the PC and check if the issue is resolved.
Solutions for Mac Users
1. Reset Print Settings
Follow the instructions given below to reset the print settings:
- Open the Apple menu and click on System Preferences.
- Go to the Printer and Scanner option.
- After the next window opens, select your print, right-click on it and choose Reset Printing System option.
- Now, put your Mac ID and click on the Ok button.
- Wait for sometimes and the Printer will be displayed on the window.
- Select the + icon to add the Epson printer.
Now, after the Printer is online, run a test print and check if the printing issue is fixed.
2. Delete Extra Printer From Device
If multiple printers are attached to your system, then delete the extra printers from your device.
- Open Apple menu and select System preferences.
- Choose the Printers and Scanners option from the list.
- When you see the list of printers, delete all the unused printers from there by selecting the Printer & clicking on the ‘-‘ from the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Select your Epson printer as Idle Printer.
Restart your Printer and your Printer should be online now.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. Why Is My Epson Printer Offline?
There are various reasons that can be responsible why your Printer is offline like: corrupted drivers, multiple printers added to the system, printing documents stacked in the queue, and spooler service has stopped.
2. How Do I Get My Offline Printer Back Online?
There are various troubleshooting methods to bring your printer back to online like- updating the printer driver, clearing the printing queue, making default printer, and restarting the spooler service.
3. Why Does My Printer Keep Showing Its Offline?
The offline status of the Printer appears when the Printer is not properly connected to the network.
So here it is, now you know what to do when the Printer is offline.
If you still have queries, ask us in the comments section provided below.