If your HP printer shows a blue screen with error code 04358A98, follow this guide.
Here, I have discussed how to fix this printer error easily. Have a look!
How To Fix The 04358A98 Printer Error?
- 1 How To Fix The 04358A98 Printer Error?
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- 3 Final Words
Follow the methods given below to fix 04358a98 printer error.
1. Reset Your Device
This kind of error can often be fixed by resetting your Printer.
So, reset the Printer following the steps below and see if this fixes the problem.
- Turn off your Printer.
- Unplug the power cord and the peripherals.
- Wait up to 30 – 40 minutes to allow the machine to cool down. After the device cools down, reconnect everything and restart the Printer.
If you still get the error, go to the next solution.
2. Run The Printer Troubleshooter
Windows in-built printer troubleshooter can detect and fix most printer issues.
So, run the printer troubleshooter following the steps given below:
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- From the left panel, select Troubleshoot.
- Select Additional troubleshooters from the right panel.
- Choose Printer from the list and click on the Run the Troubleshooter option.
3. Check For Any Paper Jam
If papers get stuck in the paper tray, this can also affect the Printer’s functionality and trigger the 04358A98 code error.
To check this, follow the steps given below:
- Switch off the Printer.
- Open Printer’s door and carefully remove the print head from the Printer.
- Check if the papers are jammed and ensure they are correctly aligned.
- Reseat the Print head and restart the Printer.
4. Delete Printing Queue
If you still get the HP printer error, delete the printing queue. To do that, follow the instructions given below:
- Open Windows Settings and select Devices from the list.
- Select the Printers & Scanners option from the Left panel.
- From the right panel, click on the HP printer. Select the Open Queue option.
- Right-click on a document in the queue and click on the Cancel button. Do it for all the documents.
5. Reinstall Printer Driver
If the printer driver is outdated, this may also trigger the printer error. Try updating the printer drivers and see if that solves the problem.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the command box and press the Enter key to open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Print queues section and right-click on the printer’s model number. Select the Update driver option.
- Choose Search automatically for drivers option from the next window. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
After the process, restart the PC and check if the issue is resolved.
6. Clean Printer Head
The next thing you can try is cleaning the print head. If the print head is clogged, then it can lead to the bluescreen error.
- Open the Run Utility, and in the dialog box, type control and hit the Enter key to open the Control panel.
- Select the Hardware and Sound option from the list.
- Choose the Devices and Printers and right-click on your HP printer—select Printer properties.
- Click on Maintenance and choose the Clean Heads option. Next, click on Ok. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Switch off the Printer, and open the Printer’s lid.
- Disconnect the Printer’s head from its position.
- Pour some alcohol or non-oil-based cleaner to clean the Printer’s head. Use soft cotton-based or microfiber cloth to clean the head.
- Clean properly and then put it back in the Printer. Now, turn the Printer on.
7. Remove Other Printers
If the issue persists, remove all the other printers from your system.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Select the Devices option from the list.
- Click on the Printers & Scanners option.
- Next, select the Printer and click on the Remove device button. Do it for all the printer devices and restart your PC.
8. Check The Cartridge
Check the ink cartridges when you are getting a printer error.
- At first, carefully remove the cartridge from the Printer. Check if there is enough ink in the cartridges. Also, check for any physical damage. Replace the ink cartridges if needed.
- Buy the original ink cartridges from the same manufacturer, else you may have further issues.
- Wait for some time. Then, reseat the cartridges back to the position.
9. Contact Customer Support
If nothing helps to resolve the HP printer error, then contact the HP Support Team.
State your problem there and follow the guidelines provided by the experts.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. How Do I Clear The Error Code On My HP Printer?
There are various troubleshooting methods to fix the HP printer error like – resetting your Printer, troubleshooting the Printer, reinstalling the printer drivers, checking the paper tray and the ink cartridges.
2. How Do I Fix Printer Error?
You can easily fix the printer error by resetting your Printer, reinstalling your printer driver, replacing the ink cartridges, etc.
3. How Do I Get My HP Out Of Error State?
To fix the HP error state, reset the Printer, run the Windows troubleshooter, reinstall printer drivers, clean the print head, and replace the old cartridge.
So, there you have it. Now you know what to do when the HP printer shows 04358A98 error.
If you still have questions regarding this topic, ask us in the comments section provided below.