- 1 How To Change Background In Microsoft Teams?
- 2 Wrapping Up
Even with the introduction of new video conference apps like Zoom, Microsoft Teams has remained the favorite for many corporations as good conference app. Features like changing the background during meetings are a highlight of the newer conference apps, but Microsoft Teams is not behind in this sector also.
Now you can also change meeting backgrounds in Microsoft teams with ease. In Microsoft Teams change background during meetings easily with the steps mentioned here.
How To Change Background In Microsoft Teams?
Changing the background during office meetings can come quite handy, especially when you have an untidy room that you don’t care enough to clean at that moment. Microsoft Teams also has such features and here I will discuss how to use them. Remember to turn on the camera on Teams before following the steps below.
How To Change Background In Teams Before Joining A Meet?
If you want to change the background before joining a meeting, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Teams app or log in from the Teams web client.
- Click on the Meetings option.
- Start the Teams meeting. Don’t panic, you haven’t yet connected to the meeting. You will have proceeded to the intermediate state, where you will be able to set up the camera, audio, and change the background.
- Toggle the video to enable the webcam.
- Click on the Background Filters option. It will open the Background settings panel on the right side of the screen.
- Choose the background you like and click on the Preview option to see how it looks.
- Click on Apply to save the background.
How To Change Background In Teams After Joining A Meet?
If you have forgotten to change your background before joining a meeting, or if you simply want to use a different background, follow the steps given below:
- After you have joined the meeting, click on the More actions icon (triple dot) on the upper part of the window. A menu will appear.
- Click on the Apply background effects option.
- Select the background you like to change to it.
How To Set Custom Background In A Teams Meet?
Other than the ability to change the Teams background from the default ones provided by Microsoft, you can also upload an image and set that as the background. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Background Filters option as mentioned above. It will open the Background settings panel on the right side of the screen.
- Select the Add new option.
- Choose the image on your PC that you want to upload and open it.
Make sure that the image you chose is in the .JPG , .PNG or .BMP format. Also, the uploaded image will remain for all your meetings and calls until you change it again.
How To Set Blurry Office Background?
Rather than changing the background to something fancy, which may not fit well with a serious office atmosphere, you can simply blur the office background. The blurred Office background is one of the default backgrounds in Teams and simply selecting will blur everything in the background, excluding you.
How To Turn Off The Background Effect?
Whichever background effect you select will remain active until you turn it off or change it. To turn off the background effects click on the stop icon (Circle with a slanting line cutting it diagonally).
Get More Microsoft Teams Background
There are many fancy backgrounds that you can find on the official Microsoft website. Yes, you can customize any image as the background, but there is no reason not to have a look at the provided backgrounds by Microsoft, some may catch your eye.
So, there you have it. Now you know how to Microsoft Teams change background during meetings. If you have any questions regarding this topic, ask them in the comment section below.