Private mode browsing helps you to surf the internet without having your online activities tracked.
It is also often used for nefarious purpose like kids visiting adult websites hiding it from their parents. This is why you might want to turn off the Private browsing.
Here we have shown how to turn off the private browsing on your Mac, so follow this article and perform as shown.
How To Turn Off The Private Browsing On Safari Browser?
Follow the instructions given below to turn off the Private browsing tab on your Safari browser.
1. Use Screen Time
To disable the private browsing using the screen time method, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- After the window opens, click on the Screen Time.
- If the Screen time feature is disabled, then expand the Content & Privacy option and turn it on.
- Now, select the Limit Adult Websites under the Web content section from the right panel.
- Exit the System Preferences window and launch the Safari browser.
- Click on the File option and you will find the new Private window option has now been disabled from the browser.
If you want to re-enable the private browsing window on Mac then select the Unrestricted Access under the Web Content sections.
2. Using Guest User
If you want to turn off the private browsing mode on Mac using Guest user then follow the steps below:
- Open the Users & Groups option under the System Preferences option.
- Choose the Lock icon option and create a password in the given section.
- Select the Guest User option and click the check box of Allow guest to log to the Computer option.
- Make sure that you click on the Limit Adult Websites checkbox.
- Restart the system and after the boot completes a Guest user icon appears on the screen.
In this case, you can access Safari but cannot access files and folders.
- Restart your Mac book and now login to the guest user account.
Stop Private Browsing Restrictions Sync With Other Apple Devices
If you are using a unique ID for all the Apple devices then you may avail to apply and control all devices using the same settings.
To stop this syncing, follow the steps given below:
- Select the Screen Time from the System preferences window.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. How Do I Shut Off Private Browsing Mode?
To switch off the private browsing mode, just close the private window and open a non-private window to stop browsing private mode.
2. How To Turn On Private Browsing Mode?
To turn on the private browsing mode open the ,Safari mode, click on the Tabs button, choose the numbers tab to display the tab groups list select the Private option, and finally choose Done.
3. Why Is My Safari On Private Browsing Mode?
Private browsing helps you to browse the internet without tracking or saving the details of your activities.
But if Safari remembers the last tab you opened and it will automatically open the tab where you last left.
So now you know how to turn off the private browsing on Mac.
If you still have queries regarding this issue, ask us in the comments section below.