Mimicking others, a celebrity or someone you know, is stupidly fun. How many times have you tried recreating a movie scene while mimicking the lines exactly in the original actor’s voices? Almost everyone has done it in their life.
In the current age, mimicking other voices has become extremely easy. Now there are many voice changer apps that can change your voice in real-time. These voice changing software are very versatile and can change your voice while you are chatting online.
In this article, I have discussed the 8 best voice changer applications that are super easy to use. With these apps, you will open countless ways to prank your friends or create new funny content.
Also, check out:
Best Voice Changer Software In 2020
Voice changing software can be extremely fun to use. You may remember Talking Tom or other similar apps that became an instant hit after they came out. One of the main features that attracted users was the voice repeating feature, after changing the pitch of the voice.
With the current voice changer applications, users can do that but in real-time. The apps also have the ability to not only change the pitch but completely use a different voice. Some apps can even change your voice to someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger. You have probably started thinking what Terminator pranks you can pull off.
Below, I have listed 8 of the best voice changing applications currently available in 2020. Some of them are free and some have free and premium versions.
Also, the order of the apps below does not show any kind of ranking. I consider all the 8 apps as great. And I know that different users will have different opinions on which one is better suited for them.
Voicemod is one of the best free voice changer application currently available. It is a simple online voice modifier and transformer. It includes various effects and features for converting your voice. Some of its features that I liked are:
- It has the ability to change the gender of your voice.
- This app also supports voice change into a robot, celebrity, chipmunk, and many other hilarious options.
- You can also change the pitch of our voice to sound high or heavy tone.
- Voicemod is compatible with almost all online games and chat platforms.
- The UI is clean and appealing. Anyone using it for the first time won’t face any issues finding the different features.
- It is FREE.
Overall, Voicemod is one of the best voice changer applications and it does complement its tagline, Troll like a pro, with the features and effects it provides. Voicemod also has a premium version that has more voice changing features. The free version is good enough to make a few pranks, but if you are looking for creating content, then I recommend you get the premium version.
One downside of Voicemod is that it is only available for Windows. But it is mentioned on its website that it will soon be available for Linux and MacOS X.
2) Clownfish Voice Changer
Clownfish Voice is also a free voice changer app. Compared to Voicemod, Clownfish UI will appear very simple, almost like a 2008’s app. But other than the UI, the app is excellent for voice changing. Some of its features that I like are:
- The app is installed on the system level. So, it works for any application that uses any audio capture device.
- Some of the standout voice effects available in Clownfish are Alien, Atari, Robot, Male/Female, and many more.
- You can also customize the pitch of your voice.
- It can also act as a music player that supports various media formats. You can also create and manage different playlists.
- The app puts much less load than the other apps on this list because of its simple UI.
- It also has a Text-to-Speech tool, which is a voice assistant that reads whatever you type in the voice that you have selected.
Overall, Clownfish is a multipurpose tool that is very useful to have. However, it is only available for Windows and their website doesn’t mention any near future plans of releasing it for other operating systems. Clownfish is easily one of the best voice changers currently on internet.
3) NCH Voxal Voice Changer
Voxal voice changer is developed by the well-known organization NCH Software. They are known for creating great applications, and they have done it so for Voxal voice changer. The is free use for non-commercial usage. Some of its features that liked are:
- It is compatible with any games or apps that use a microphone.
- A wide range of voiceovers like a robot, Male/Female, Boy/Girl are available for use.
- You can change your voice in real-time and play games with your friends.
- All the custom effects that you create with Voxal can be saved for future uses.
- The UI is simple and clean. New users will find it easy to use.
- The app has low CPU usage and can easily run with other apps without slowing down your computer.
If you are looking to use the NCH Voxal voice changer for commercial use, then you will have to buy a premium version. The premium version not only provides the license to use it commercially but also other additional voice features. Voxal is available for both Windows and Mac OSX. Overall, the app is definitely one of the best voice changers.
MorphVox is a popular voice changer that has a free and paid version. The MorphVox Junior (free version) is very limited in features. You can only use 3 voice settings – Male, Female, and Kid in the free version. Compared to the other free apps given above, MorphVox doesn’t even stand a chance. However, the reason I have listed MorphVox is because of its paid version.
MorphVox Pro (paid version) has amazing features and voice changing effects. It is easily one of the best voice changers in 2020. Not only it has pre-installed options, but it also allows the user to customize the voice as they want. Some features of MorphVox Pro that I liked are:
- MorphVox comes with a large number of voice changing effects and features like a galactic overlord, grumpy dwarf, mighty giant, or even a cyborg warrior. It is perfect for online role-playing games.
- The voice changer works in real-time and is well optimized for online games.
- This app can also act as a soundboard with quick keys that send out fart noises or drum rolls while it is modifying your voice.
- The ability to customize the voice as you like and save it.
MorphVox Pro and Junior are both available for Windows and MacOS X.
5) AV Voice Changer Diamond
AV Voice Changer Diamond basically provides the user with a complete home audio workstation. It not only has a real-time voice changer but also includes a compact audio editor. Because of these extra features, I have included it in this best voice changer list.
Some of its other features that I liked are:
- The advanced virtual driver technology of AV Voice changer Diamond allows it to connect to most VoIP programs and online games.
- It has a huge library of sound and voice changing effects that is growing constantly.
- The UI is clean and can be easily navigated. Also, the process of changing your voice in real-time is almost effortless.
- The audio editor also provides you the option to change your voice in recorded audio files.
AV Voice Changer Diamond has one disadvantage, it doesn’t have a free version. It provides a free trial, but if you want to continue using it, then you will have to buy the license. Another downside of this app is that it only runs on Windows.
6) All In One Voice Changer
All In One Voice Changer is another great voice changer app. This voice changing software is specifically developed for online chatting. The software provides a wide array of voice choices. It also allows you to link to other IM tools like Yahoo Messenger. Some of the features that I like are:
- The UI is very simple, easily navigable, and very easy to use. New users won’t have any problem using it.
- It lets you customize your voice pitch. The UI has a sliding bar, which you can slide left or right to change the Pitch.
- The app also allows voice change in mid-conversation. This feature has countless pranking capabilities by itself.
- Another feature I really liked is that you can preview the voice changes you have customized manually. This allows faster fine-tuning of the settings to reach the optimal setting.
One big downside of All In One Voice Changer is that it doesn’t have a free version. You can download the free trial version and see if it is something you would like to invest in. Also, it is only compatible with Windows. The app is definitely one of the best voice changers available online.
IVoice is a great free voice changer for your Android that you will find very easy to use. This app allows you to record your voice and add effects on it, which you can share with your friends. It is a great app to have some fun. Some of its features that I liked are:
- This app allows you to change your voice into a robot, child, monster, and many other hilarious options.
- It also has the option to record your voice and then edit it. You can then directly share it using Whatsapp, Email, Dropbox, etc.
- IVoice is compatible with most VoIP apps.
- You can also modify your voice in real-time using IVoice.
- It is FREE.
Overall, IVoice is a fun app. You can use it in many different ways to prank your friends or create memes for fun. However, one downside of IVoice is that it is only available for Androids.
8) Fake Voice
Fake Voice is the simplest tool among all those in this list. It is specifically for those users that like it simple. The UI is very basic while providing everything to change your voice on the starting panel. It is a great app to prank around your friends. The app’s simplicity makes it hassle-free to use for every user.
Basically, the Fake Voice app provides two sliders that you can control to change your voice. The trick is to get the perfect combination.
So, there you have it. This is the list of 8 best voice changer software that you will love to use. If you have any questions related to this article, ask them in the comment section below.