Discord allows its members to create their servers, but sometimes, some users create servers that violate Discord’s terms of service. Discord can even disable your account if it is reported with stronger evidence.
The users can report a Discord server if it goes against the terms and conditions of Discord.
So, here is how and when to report a Discord server that you suspect has violated the rules of Discord.
What Information Do You Need Before Reporting A Discord Server?
Before you report a Discord server, you should keep the following information handy:
- The specified Discord server ID. Each Discord server has a specific ID, and you should note down the ID before you start the process of reporting the Discord server.
- The ID of the users who are encouraging activities that violates the terms of service of Discord.
- You should also keep the message links and images that have violated the Discord rules.
Make sure to acquire them from the servers that you are reporting. The more evidence you give, the stronger your report will be.
How To Report A Server On Discord?
After you have gathered all the necessary information to report a Discord server, follow the steps given below to report a Discord server:
- Open Discord. Click on the gear icon to open User Settings.
- Click on the Advanced option under App Settings.
- Turn on the toggle for Developer Mode from the right side.
- To report the Discord server, click on the specific Discord server.
- Then copy the Discord ID. To do that, click on the Copy ID option and then press Ctrl + V key combination on your keyboard to paste it on Notepad or MS Office to save it.
- Now open your web browser and visit Trust & Safety Team page.
- To submit a request, provide the information needed, like your email address. Subject, description of the problem.
- Then click on the Submit button.
- After submitting the request, wait till the Discord Trust & Safety Team contacts you via email.
When Should You Report A Discord Server?
You can report a Discord server based on the following points:
- If you are receiving Spam messages from the server.
- You encountered some sort of harassment.
- The Discord server has violated IP rights.
- The server is distributing viruses or malware.
- The Discord server shares any image of gore, child pornography, or animal cruelty.
- The server supports suicide and self-harm.
- You are receiving any kind of threats from the server user.
What Happens When You Report A Discord Server?
When you report a Discord server, The Trust&Safety team verifies all the evidence and gathers as much information as possible.
You may also need to attach supporting documents if needed.
The entire investigation is centered around the reported message.
But if needed, it can search for more evidence if there is a bigger violation of the rules and regulations provided by Discord authority.
So, that was how to report a server on Discord.
For any further information or queries, ask us in the comments section provided below.
Leave a Reply