- 1 Why Tinder Failed To Upload Photo?
- 2 How To Upload Photos On Tinder?
- 3 Troubleshooting Tips When Photo Failed To Upload On Tinder
- 4 Wrapping Up
Tinder, the popular dating app, seems to have some issues recently uploading profile pictures. Many users have reported that Tinder failed to upload their profile picture and they don’t understand why. In this article, I have discussed how to properly upload photos on Tinder, which pictures can be uploaded, and some troubleshooting tips regarding this issue.
Why Tinder Failed To Upload Photo?
There can be several issues affecting Tinder and prevent it from uploading photos, here are some of them:
- Poor internet connection: More likely than not, a poor connection is the cause of a failed photo upload on Tinder.
- Image is corrupted: The photo you are trying to upload can be corrupted. Check if the image is displaying on your PC or phone first before trying to upload it.
- Tinder servers are down: Server maintenance is another situation that can prevent you from uploading images on Tinder.
- Corrupted Cache: Corrupted cache and app data can trigger such bugs in apps.
- Tinder doesn’t have permission to access your photos: To upload your photos, Tinder needs permission from the system for accessing your photos and uploading them.
How To Upload Photos On Tinder?
Before you move on to the troubleshooting part, first make sure you have tried uploading the correct way. First, make sure the image is square and has the correct resolution. For iPhone 6, the required resolution for uploading the image on Tinder is 640 x 640 pixels.
Once you corrected this, check whether the image is corrupted or not. Normally open it on your phone or PC and if it displays properly, you are good to go. Now, follow the steps given below to upload the image on Tinder.
- Open the Tinder app and choose the user account icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Add Media option if you want to add new images to your profile.
- Choose the Select photo option.
- Tinder may ask you to grant permission for accessing files and folders in your storage. Choose ‘Yes’ if it does so.
- Now, choose the medium for accessing the image, whether from the Gallery, Google Photos, or File Manager.
- Navigate to the photo you want to upload and select it.
- Wait for Tinder to upload it.
- Select the Done option.
Troubleshooting Tips When Photo Failed To Upload On Tinder
If the above way of uploading photos on Tinder doesn’t work, or if in Tinder ‘There was an error updating your profile’ error message appears, try the troubleshooting mentioned below.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet Connection
When Tinder fails to upload a photo, the first thing you must check is your internet connection. A slow internet connection is generally the cause of such issues. Visit any of the following websites and check your internet speed:
Read this article to learn what is a good internet speed and this article to learn how to fix slow internet.
Solution 2: Restart Your Phone
Restarting the device may sound cliché, but it is one of the most tested and successful troubleshooting methods for fixing such minor issues. If you haven’t restarted your phone yet, try it and see whether you can upload it on Tinder again.
Solution 3: Log Out And Log In
Many users have claimed that a simple log out and login can fix this issue. To log out and log back in, follow the steps given below:
- Open Tinder and tap on the User Profile icon again.
- Select the Settings option.
- Scroll down and tap on the Logout option.
- Again tap on the Logout option on the pop-up prompt. You will be logged out from your account.
If you were logged in with your Facebook account, and if you are logged in to your Facebook account currently from your phone, log out from that as well. After you have logged out of Facebook and Tinder, login Facebook first and then Tinder.
In Tinder photo failed to upload issue should get resolved by this solution. If it persists, try the other solutions mentioned here.
Solution 4: Clear Cache And App Data
If logging out and logging in doesn’t solve this updating profile error, then try clearing the cache and app data of Tinder. This will delete any corrupted data that may trigger such bugs. To do it, follow the steps given below:
- Tap on the Tinder app and hold your finger on the screen. A menu should appear.
- Select the App Info option.
- Choose the Clear cache and then Clear data options.
- Approve the prompts to successfully clear the app data.
After the app data is cleared, check if still your photo failed to upload on Tinder.
Solution 5: Update Tinder
If you are using the outdated version of Tinder, update it and then try uploading photos. To update Tinder on IOS and Android, follow the steps given below:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Tap on the Hamburger icon and select the My apps & games option.
- Select the Updates tab and locate Tinder.
- Tap on the Update option beside Tinder. Wait for the update to finish before opening Tinder again.
If it says, ‘Waiting to update’ and the update never starts, read this article and learn how to troubleshoot this issue.
- Open the App Store and type Tinder in the search bar.
- When Tinder appears, select the Update option beside it.
- Wait for the update to finish.
Solution 6: Reinstall Tinder
If updating also doesn’t work, the only remaining option is reinstalling it. Reinstalling Tinder has fixed the photo uploading issue for many and should also do so for you.
So, there you have it. Now you know what to do when Tinder failed to upload photos. The above troubleshooting tips have provided help to many and should also do the same for you. If you have any questions regarding this topic, ask them in the comment section below.