After purchasing a printer, finding ink cartridges at a reasonable price is one of the headaches every printer user needs to take. So, why are printer inks so expensive? Here I have explained why this is so!
Why Ink Cartridges Is Expensive?
Sometimes the ink cartridges are more expensive than the price of the printer.
The manufacturers deliberately make a loss from selling a printer but make huge money through ink cartridges.
After purchasing the item, the printer users have to buy the cartridges and the company makes a significant profit!
As long as the printers are in use, users will have to purchase the cartridges, bringing in profit in the long run.
Is Unofficial Ink Safe?
No, an unofficial ink cartridge is not a safer option, but some users try this as these are pocket friendlier.
Some printer developers install microchips in their printers to block the unofficial cartridge from functioning, forcing the users to buy the original ink cartridges.
Developer’s Point Of View
Many expert R&D team members are working hard to research the needs of the users.
They are investing a good amount of money to work according to the users’ needs.
This kind of extensive research work needs a lot of monetary support and patience to meet the users’ high-quality demand.
All the money and hard work invested is finally charged to the customers by selling the ink cartridges or their other products at a high price.
How To Save Money From Printing?
Because printer ink is expensive, here are a few ways to save money while printing. These are as follows:
- Third-party Cartridges – Though we already discussed the pros and cons of third-party ink cartridges, if you have the availability of third–party ink cartridges, you can try them.
- Refill Yourself – If you have the experience of changing the cartridges, refill the ink yourself. This will save some extra bucks!
- Shift to Laser Printer- A laser printer is a cheaper option if you print a lot of documents. This printer uses toner, not an ink cartridge. So, give it a try.
- Use XL cartridges- If you are printing large amounts of documents then use XL size ink cartridges, which will save a bit of money.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. Do Printers Come With Full Ink Cartridges?
Yes, most of the printers come with a full set of ink cartridges at the time you purchase the printer.
2. Which Is The Cheapest Printer To Run?
The Brother MFC-J985DW is the most economical and all-in-one printer available in the market and is the cheapest printer for many users.
3. What Printer Has The Longest Lasting Ink Cartridges?
The Brother MFC-J805DW has arguably the longest-lasting printer ink cartridges available on the market.
So now you know why the printer ink is so expensive. If you still have queries regarding this topic, ask us in the comments section provided below.