- 1 What To Do When Xbox One Won’t Show Up On TV?
- 1.1 1) If Your Screen Is Blank After You Return To Home
- 1.2 2) If Your Screen Turns Blank When You Started Watching A Blue-ray Disc
- 1.3 3) If Your Screen Is Blank After You Turn On The Console
- 1.4 4) If Your Screen Is Blank And You Use An AVR In Your Setup
- 1.5 5) If Your Screen Is Blank After Installing A System Update
- 2 Wrapping Up
Xbox One users are facing issues with it recently. Users have reported that Xbox One won’t show up on TV. For some users, this issue happens when they try to start the Xbox, for others the issue is triggered while beginning to watch a blue-ray disk. Many others are facing this after installing the latest update. Whichever the case, Xbox One not showing on TV is a serious issue.
If you are facing this issue, then don’t worry as in this article I have discussed what to do when Xbox One is not displaying on TV. Follow the troubleshooting procedure provided in this article to fix this issue.
Also, check out this article if your Xbox One is not reading discs.
What To Do When Xbox One Won’t Show Up On TV?
Here I have provided the troubleshooting methods for different scenarios that users have reported on Xbox One won’t show up on TV issue. Use the solutions that relates to the circumstance of your issue.
1) If Your Screen Is Blank After You Return To Home
If you had kept your Xbox One on while going outside and have returned to find the screen is blank, then follow the steps given below to fix it:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10-15 seconds to turn it off. After the console is turned off, release the Xbox button.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and press and hold the Xbox button again to turn on the console.
2) If Your Screen Turns Blank When You Started Watching A Blue-ray Disc
Many users have reported that whenever they try to watch a Blue-ray disc on their Xbox One, the screen turns blank. This issue can happen when the Video output settings of your console are set to Allow 24Hz. Check if this is the case and if yes, turn it off. Here are the steps to check it:
- Open the Xbox One console.
- Press the Xbox button in your controller to open the Guide.
- Click on the Profile & system option.
- Next, select the Settings option.
- Click on the General option and select the TV & display options button.
- Select the Video modes option.
- Finally, click on the Allow 24Hz option to turn this setting off.
After you have disabled the 24Hz video output settings, insert a blue-ray disk and check if still Xbox One not showing on TV.
3) If Your Screen Is Blank After You Turn On The Console
If you are fresh starting your Xbox One console and find that the TV screen is blank, then the issue can occur due to loose connections or incorrect display settings. First, try checking the connections and if that doesn’t work, try resetting your display settings.
Check Connections Between TV And Xbox
To check your connections, follow the steps given below:
- First, make sure that both the TV and the Xbox One are turned on.
- Those that have TV’s with multiple HDMI ports must make sure that the correct HDMI input signal is set.
- Next, check the HDMI cable connections between your Xbox and TV. See if they are connected loosely or if the wires are damaged.
- Make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the ‘out to TV’ port of the console.
- Pull out the HDMI cables and re-plug them. Also, try plugging into a different TV HDMI port. Make sure to also change the HDMI input of the TV at the same time.
- If that also doesn’t work, then try connecting the Xbox One to another TV (if possible).
If that also fails and Xbox One won’t show up on TV, try power cycling the Xbox One. To do that follow the steps given below:
- Press and hold the power button of Xbox One for 15-20 seconds.
- Wait for the console to shut down.
- After the console shuts down, press the power button again to turn it on.
Reset Your Display Settings
To reset Xbox One display settings, follow the steps given below:
- If the Xbox Console has a disk in it, then eject the disk.
- Turn off the console by pressing and holding the Xbox button, located on the console, for 10-15 seconds.
- Now, press the Xbox button and the eject button together and hold them. You will hear one beep right after pressing them and around 10 seconds later you should hear the second beep. Just before the second beep the power light should flash, however, don’t let go of the Power button till you hear the second beep. This will make the Xbox One boot in low-resolution mode (640 x 480)
Tip: In case your Xbox One model doesn’t have an eject button, like the Xbox One S, press the Pair button instead.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the Guide.
- Select the Profile & system option.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Select the General option and click on the TV & display options button.
- Click on the resolution that you want from the display menu.
4) If Your Screen Is Blank And You Use An AVR In Your Setup
If you are using an AVR (audio-video receiver) to connect your Xbox One to your TV, then try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Turn on your TV and once it is displaying a picture, turn on the AVR.
- Next, start your Xbox One.
- Switch the input source of your AVR and then revert back, like changing from HDMI 1 to HDMI 2 and then back to HDMI 1.
- Restart the AVR and set the TV connection to HDMI.
To switch the TV connection to HDMI, follow the steps given below:
- Press the Xbox button to open the Guide and navigate to the TV & display options as mentioned earlier.
- Choose the Video fidelity & overscan option.
- In the Display drop-down option, choose the HDMI option.
5) If Your Screen Is Blank After Installing A System Update
If you find your screen is blank after installing a system update, visit the Troubleshoot system updates on the Xbox webpage and do as the instruction suggests.
So, there you have it. Now you know what to do when Xbox One won’t show up on TV. The above troubleshooting methods should help you fix this issue. If still in Xbox One no video displaying on the TV, then you will have to contact Xbox Support for a device service and repair. You can submit a repair request here. If you have any questions regarding this topic, ask them in the comment section below.